One of my favorite quotes relevant to this post is, "A business that is for everybody is for nobody."
Our focus is bombarded by the grey "Play it safe" or "Play it lazy" plague.
Some of the best advice I've ever received from Eben Pagan when it comes to making sure you attract your perfect prospects with a claim is this . . .
1. Be Specific
2. Be Concrete
3. Be Emotional
4. Connect Everything To a Result
Doing every one of these in one sentence make take some time and thought but it's time well spent. Here's one example of how this can be done with a weight loss product claim . . .
1. Specific - "Lose 15 pounds" rather than "Lose weight".
2. Concrete - "Lose 15 pounds in 90 days" rather than "Lose weight fast"
3. Emotional - "Lose 15 pounds of disgusting belly fat in 90 days" rather than "Lose undesirable weight fast".
4. Connected To A Result - "Lose 15 pounds of disgusting belly fat in 90 days so that you can fit into your skinny jeans again" rather than "Lose undesirable weight fast so you can feel good".
Thank you Steve for reminding me of such an important marketing lesson. I can never hear this enough as I have to tendency to want to slack off and cheat my claims by being vague and abstract.